Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Outside Lands Festival Part II

As promised, here is some additional video from the festival, including more Aterciopelados (I mean, really, is there ever enough?) and Social Distortion!



I have a very soft spot in my punkera heart for Social Distortion, who like Bad Religion, have made it through so many obstacles as a band, including drugs, fame, more drugs, and the introduction of Hot Topic/suburbia faux punk such as Good Charlotte (only The Cure can pull off that much eyeliner, and they have earned it!). It was such a treat to get to see them at Outside Lands!



I loved sitting in the room I shared with my three sisters and listening to this song full blast. I realized later that our ball and chains that each dragged were very different and made of totally different issues and problems.



Social Distortion's version of "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash is one of the best covers ever.

No comments: