Saturday, May 15, 2010

Alex Lora y Arizona














Just got through watching Univisión’s debate about immigration laws. It was mostly a lot of people talking mierda about politicians and politicians talking mierda about each other.
Use-less. Bor-ing.

I find much more engaging this little rola by El Tri. On c
ertain topics, no one can say it like Alex Lora.



El Tri -- El Muro

"'hora sí ya me voy ahí nos vemos / now I am going, see you later
ahí les dejo mi reputación / I’m leaving you my reputation
para que hagan pedazos con ella / for you all to break into pieces
mientras yo les canto esta cancion / as I sing you this song
el muro de la vergüenza / the wall of shame
por el arco del triunfo / over the arc of triumph
me lo voy a pasar / I’ll pass
y ya cuando esté en el otro lado / and when I’m on the other side
en su muro me voy a orinar / I am going to take a piss on their wall
en su muro me voy a surrar / I am going to take a shit on their wall
y con su muro me voy a limpiar / and I’m gonna wipe myself on their wall"

I can only imagine what Lora would have to say about Arizona’s latest move towards becoming a police state. The beautiful thing is witnessing all the acts of resistance that have been springing up around the country against SB 1070. The Phoenix Suns got new jerseys to play in. Even city governments have responded to the call to divest from the state. And on May 29, people from all over the nation will be converging on Arizona – just as the Freedom Riders did in the South – to stand in solidarity with the resistance movement there.


No comments: