Monday, May 10, 2010

Julieta Venegas in Oakland 5.5.2010

The first thing I noticed as I tried to push my way to the front of the beautifully renovated Fox Theater as Julieta Venegas came out to play was that 1. She was not carrying her accordion and 2. She was not carrying her accordion because her midsection was occupied...by a baby!! She played with so much energy and heart, which is expected, but the fact that she played such a show while six months pregnant has put Julieta in my super women list, like GG who had 2 children while working on her PhD and is graduating this May. Or La Cumbiambera, who came out to an Enanitos Verdes concert while Naya was doing somersaults in her belly. Like my mother and my mother's mother, neither of who had the luxury of maternity leave and had to work hard labor through their pregnancies.

Here are some pictures and video from the great show. Enjoy!

















The Set List!

No comments: