Saturday, July 18, 2009

¡Feliz Cumpleaños Nelson Mandela!



¡Nelson Mandela, ex-presidente de Sur Africa y luchador por vida contra el apartheid hoy cumple 91 años de vida!
Sigue luchando, sigue cantando, y que tengas muchos años mas de energía para luchar contra la injusticia.

Nelson Mandela, ex president of South Africa and lifetime fighter against apartheid today is 91 years of age!
Continue fighting, continue singing, and that you have many more years of energy to fight against injustice.


"Let there be work, bread, water and salt for all"/ Que haiga trabajo, pan, agua y sal para todos

"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others"/ Para ser libre no solo es suficiente abandonar las cadenas de uno, pero de vivir en una manera que respeta y realza la libertad de otros



"I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom comes responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended"

Yo he caminado esa carretera larga a la libertad. He tratado de no fallar; He hecho mal pasos en el camino. Pero he descubierto el secreto que después de escalar un cerro grande, uno solo encuentra que hay muchos otros cerros que escalar. He tomado un momento aquí para descansar, para tomar brevemente la gloriosa vista que me rodea, de ver para tras la distancia que he venido. Pero solo puedo descansar por un momento, porque con libertad viene responsabilidades, y no me atrebo a vacilar, porque mi largo camino no ha acabado



You can read Nelson Mandela's speeches and articles here.

Soweto: Tijuana No!
The Specials: Free Nelson Mandela

No comments: